Followers

Thursday 9 March 2017

I'm weeding in sunshine

I also walked Ben (twice!!), emptied pots of spent compost, set seeds, potted on plants and moved a stack of pots full of goodness knows what, they will be dealt with another day.

It has been glorious to get outside, for more than 10 minutes, without thinking how dismal and chilly it was.

I just relished it and took my time and enjoyed the warmth on my back and shoulders. Ben came out a couple of times to have a look, but obviously found it quite underwhelming.

I did manage to cast on another sock last night, a new pair of boot socks, I have done 35 rows of rib and just a few of stocking stitch. I notice that lots of people call that stockinette stitch now, I wonder why.

The first Unicorn sock is finished but I didn't fancy starting the second straight away. It will be done next week, I have 2 pairs of boot socks on order and felt that they needed to be the first priority.
I am happy as that yarn is out of deep stash and 300 grams will be gone in a flash. 

Note to self, must update stash book.

I realised just this morning that I had no Hyacinths in the house, I was watching the Potter and Bloom podcast and Emma showed her pot in full flower.
I am happy to say that I now have 2 pots of white ones, they are just showing their flower spikes, so will soon have their fragrance wafting round the house.

I had happy post today, a new cook book, I know, I have said so many times that I have far too many. This one is Vegan with a vengeance, I have been looking for a copy for ages. I spotted it the other day for 1p, of course postage brought it up to £3 but I do not mind.
No, I am not Vegan and No, I am not vegetarian. I do like to eat meat and dairy free much of the time though.
 I am a food lover and like to experiment and try new ingredients and combinations.
I have had a quick whizz through and earmarked a couple of recipes, dinner tomorrow will be chickpea broccoli casserole. I have all the necessary stuff to make it, I will probably make a smokey tomato sauce and serve with shredded cabbage and leeks.

Tonight I had already planned to make roast veg cous cous, I love it hot and cold, it is an easy recipe and uses up a pile of little bits of different veg. Excellent towards the end of the week.

Going back to the garden, my mind is a rabbit it likes to hop all over the place, I slipped into Pontardawe this morning to go to Lidl. They had some plants that I wanted, bright yellow pansies and blue Campanula. I also found my Hyacinths and 2 pots of miniature daffs and 2 of Bridal Wreath. All are now potted up and in place, my window boxes are a riot of primula colours and my heart sings to look at them. Such bright plashes of colour set off by the soft green leaves.

On that lyrical note I must sign off, dinner will not cook itself and Ben is snoring so will be of no help whatsoever.

               TTFN                                                        Pam




14 comments:

  1. It's been fabulous here too Pam. The back door has been open all day and Smudge has been sunbathing for most of the afternoon.
    It's gone quite chilly now though and the heating has kicked in so Roz and I are going to snuggle up and watch something on tv before she has to go and pick Andy up from work as his van is in for an MOT and service.
    Your tea sounds lovely-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tea was delish and I ate too much. I love throwing doors and windows open, Ben follows the sun round both house and garden no matter how hot it gets.

      Delete
  2. Hallo Pam, I believe it is the Americans who refer to stocking stitch as stockinette. Could be wrong, but they're the only ones, that I've seen, call it stockinette.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have heard many use the term and a few times I have heard Brits use it. I expect that it will become common parlance eventually.

      Delete
  3. I don't have that book, but it's on my list as I have other books by Isa Chandra and love the recipes. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great, I use her website frequently but wanted a book to read rather than printing off recipes.

      Delete
  4. Weeding sounds wonderful! I think we (NC) are about to pay dearly for having spring time in February. We have snow predicted for Sunday, and freezing temperatures for five straight nights. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That doesn't sound user friendly at all, wrap up warm.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to get out in the garden, it is the only time I completely switch off pottering away in the garden, very relaxing I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can lose all sense of time and suddenly realise that hours have just slipped away.

      Delete
  7. Chrissie ( knit and natter)10 Mar 2017, 10:21:00

    I love reading you blog Pam you brighten my day . xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissie, I am what I am and write accordingly. Can't be putting a face on as my Gran would have said, too much like hard work.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.