Followers

Saturday 9 September 2017

A little chink of light.

Shining through the gloom of moving stuff from here to there (and back again a few times!) there is a tiny light. The Grace frame has gone to her new home and is set up ready to serve. 

That space gained is wonderful but much better is the knowledge that she will be working again, not gathering dust.

I admit that I had reservations about parting with her but knowing that she was going to such a good home soon sent those off.

I now have to hold my hands up and confess to blanking out all the jobs on my list and having some quality sewing time. Several more crumb blocks have been pressed and attached to the sashing strips.
Even better 2 rows are assembled and the 3rd is on it's way.
Right now I am considering a 4" -6" crumb border and then a solid binding. 

Once I have cleared enough space to photograph my makes I will have a  photo heavy post.

I also have to knuckle down and reply to comments AND get some blog reading done. The past week has raced by and when my bottom has hit a chair my brain has turned itself off.

Thanks to the tireless grafting of the SO ( and a big thank you to the rain that has kept him indoors ) the work is all but finished.

We have eaten out of the freezer and a fresh meal from scratch will be cooked today ( roasted veg and cauliflower cheese) and tomorrow (probably a roast). Then it will be back to the freezer on Monday, I have a loooooong list of jobs, including more marmalade as the SO has taken a shine to it, so cooking time has to be sacrificed. I also want to clear the freezer of made up meals before they become ancient.

I want to thank everybody who has stuck with me and my hasty scribbling, and a big thanks for all the positive comments. It is lovely to read them all and each one gives me a little boost.

My storage, that looked so right in the big room, is so topsy turvy and higgledy piggeldy in the smaller room that I see some shopping on the horizon. It may well be in the form of wood for some custom built shelving ( is it too naughty and selfish to hope for more rain).

All these decisions and plans have kept my mind whirring most of the night. A good long walk with Rufus will blow the cobwebs away and clear my mind, I hope.

I almost forgot to tell you that at one point I could not get to the breadmaker (or the making for a loaf) so I bought one. Sunflower and Pumpkin seed, it tasted pretty good but my word it was doughy. I made a copy yesterday and will be trying it for breakfast, if looks and smell are anything to go by it will be fantastic.

I hear Ben stirring so better get the door open for him. Back soon.



                             TTFN                                           Pam








7 comments:

  1. Just this once I am going to say I hope it continues to rain so that you can get your jobs finished. Then I need the favour returning as we still haven't finished painting the outside of the house. No rain for a couple of days would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel quite bad doing indoor things when the sun's shining but it's guilt free when it's raining. Looking forward to seeing all those photos of your makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work.
    Can't wait to see what you have been up to.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then I need the favour returning as we still haven't finished painting the outside of the house.


    หนังผี

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey, you have been busy, just read back over your last posts. Can I ask about the laundry nuts and vinegar, does the vinegar smell linger in the clothes? I am so used to smelling fabric softeners !

      Delete
    2. There is no smell at all, just fresh and clean. I use white vinegar to clean all round the house and the smell goes really fast.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing pictures of the things you make - very creative! Patricia

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.